Yesterday my home town was buzzing with the news that a local woman had won the Powerball jackpot. The winner and her family are like many of us here in rural Southwest Michigan. They are hard working, blue collar and simply living the small town life. It is so exciting to know that someone like her won the jackpot and that the money is going to someone who not only needs it but deserves it.
Hearing this story on the local news last night left me thinking about what I would do if I had won the $310 million dollar Powerball jackpot. As a mom, a single income family, and a personal finance blogger most of my answers were practical, and just plane common sense. There were however one or two things that maybe were a little frivolous, but hey if you just won a large sum wouldn’t you have a little fun?
What I Would Do With $310 Million
- Pay off all our debt beating our 2019 goal.
- Set up college savings accounts for our kids and my 3 nephews.
- Pay for the in home help my Grandmother will ever need.
- Finnish a couple home improvement projects on our current home so we could put it on the market.
- Buy a new home – with cash.
- Invest a large sum of it for the future.
- Go on a family vacation.
- Fully fund our emergency savings accounts.
- Buy newer cars for my husband and myself. Notice I said newer, not new.
- Go on a date night to celebrate with my husband.
Now it’s your turn, what would you do if you won $310 million dollars? What dream would you fulfill if your life suddenly changed?
DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF MY GREAT TIPS TO HELP YOUR FAMILY
SAVE MONEY, HAVE FRUGAL FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas.
Android users download the Two Kids And A Budget app