My regular readers know that I love apps that either save me money or make me a little extra, and Receipt Hog is one of my favorites! Last Thursday I received an email from them that outlines some exciting changes being implemented as of October 30, 2014. They are now accepting more types of receipts!
Receipt Hog Updates
The new updates include accepting receipts from more retailers and the ability to earn spins on each new receipt as well as increasing the number of receipts you are allowed to enter each week.
The fallowing categories can year you those extra spins!
Department Stores (Apparel & Clothing): JCPenny, Macy’s Kohls, and Sears.
Electronics: Best Buy and Game Stop.
Home & Home Improvement: Bed Bath & Beyond, and The Home Depot
Office Supplies: Staples and Office Depot
What Else You Need To Know About The Receipt Hog Updates
1. You can now submit 40 receipts to receipt hog every seven days. Remember those are seven rolling days, not Monday-Sunday. Along with the typical 20 grocery receipts you submit for coins, you can also submit 20 major retailer receipts for a spin on the Hog Slots machine.
2. While your receipts are processing they count against both limits until they have finished processing. In other words, you can only have a total of 20 receipts processing at one time.
3. Major retail receipts are excepted if they fit into one of the four categories. For more information sign into the app then go to “Settings” > “Which Receipts Count?”.
4. Major Retailer receipts must be no older than 14 days. You should however try to submit your receipts as soon as you get them.
5. Major Retailer receipts don’t count towards your Hog Wild status. So in order to earn or keep the Hog Wild status you must submit at least one grocery store receipt every seven rolling days.
If you’re interested in reading more about Receipt Hog check out Receipt Hog Review & Tips.
Ready to join Receipt Hog? Sign up today and automatically receive free spins on the Hog Slot Machine!
Don’t miss out on any of my great tips to help your family
save money, have frugal fun and enjoy life!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas.
Android users download the Two Kids And A Budget app