This month I’m sharing my June Traffic & Income Report much later than I had hoped. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my Grandmother passed away on July 3rd. I also spent six hours in the hospital with preterm labor last week, but thankfully in the end the twins and I were fine and are still doing well.
June’s Blogging Goals Update
There are a lot of things I want to do with, on, and for my blog but I know that I need to continue to be a little cautious, take my time, and not over do it. Staying pregnant and not over working is my top priority especially now that I have entered the part of my pregnancy where I start having trouble with preterm labor. Below you can see how I did on completing my June goals.
- Write 8 Additional Posts. I wasn’t able to complete all 8 additional posts. However, I was able to complete some of them and have outlines for several others.
- Increase Page Views & Decrease Bounce Rate: As I mentioned last month I have an ongoing goal to get back to the 10,000 page views per month with the 51% bounce rate I had last winter. June’s numbers totally blew that out of the water with 19,953 page views and a bounce rate of 13.50%. As a blogger the goal is to always push for higher and higher page views while, decreasing our bounce rate. While I don’t expect to reach those numbers again at the end of July it now gives me something new to aim for.
- Create A Newsletter Sign-up Incentive. I have created a seasonal incentive, that I meant to start at the beginning of July, but when this month turned upside down that didn’t happen. I still need to create a year round incentive but not sure what it will be yet.
- Increase Pinterest Presence. I enjoyed my Tailwind promotional month and do believe that it helped with Pinterest while I had it. I have not created a strategy for Pinterest yet, and that will most likely have to wait until the twins are born and Heith is back to work. It is however on my to do list.
- Monetization. This is something I really need to work on if I’m ever going to bring in more income. Now that I am starting to see an increase in page views, I may have an easier time getting accepted to some of these places.
- Update Old Posts & Photos. I was able to do a few photos before my OBGYN told me not to go up the stairs anymore. So this is also put on hold.
- Start Scheduling Guest Posts. I have made a few contacts and am starting to schedule some guest posts. If your interested in possibly guest posing here on Two Kids And A Budget then shoot me an email! I would love to hear from you.
June Traffic & Income Report
In June I had a huge spike in page views thanks to my 25 Amazing Quotes About Dad’s On Father’s Day post going viral. At least viral for me with 5,999 page views alone on Father’s day and a total of 8,304 views for that one post. I also had a total of 8,725 sessions, a 13.50% bounce rate, and a total of 19,953 page views for the month. Compared to May’s 2,950 page views that’s an increase of 17,003 page views or 676%!
Before the success I had with the Father’s Day quotes post I was averaging around 130 page views per day. After the success I had with that post, I’ve been my daily page views have risen to 500 or more each day since.
If you are interested in starting a blog of your own check out my post, How To Start A Blog On A Budget.
I received a second check from AdSense this month totaling $120.00 which was $18.00 more than the previous check I received.
In June I earned: $27.24
That still isn’t a lot, but I did have some issues with my AdSense account and ads in June so my blog went several days without earning anything. Had that not taken place I believe my earning potential would have been higher. With that being said, now that I am seeing an increase in page views I think it’s time to start exploring other avenues to earn with my blog.
To be honest, it’s not something I know a lot about so it will take some research to figure out what is available to me.
I know if I continue showing Two Kids And A Budget more attention, while not totally wearing myself out, I will see an increase in income.
DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF MY GREAT TIPS TO HELP YOUR FAMILY
SAVE MONEY, HAVE FRUGAL FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas.
Android users download the Two Kids And A Budget app
*The affiliate links in this post help to support our growing family