I was recently nominated to receive the Liebster Award by MC at Mom Makes Cents, her blog is one I felt right at home with right from the start. Mom Makes Cents is a mom blogging her way through debt elimination, and enjoying her family life along the way. I am so honored to have been considered for this nomination, and it was so unexpected! Thank you MC!
The Liebster Award
This award is designed to recognize small and relatively new blogs, those with less than 200 followers.
The Liebster Award Rules:
1. Say Thanks! Thank the person who nominated you for this awesome award and link back to their blog.
2. Show off your award! Write a post about receiving the award and place a button on your blog for all to see!
3. Answer Some Questions! Answer the questions your nominator posted for you. See below.
4. Nominate! Nominate 5-10 blogs that meet the criteria above, then notify them and give them a link back to your awards post with the nomination.
5. Create! Create your own questions about 5-10 for the bloggers who you have nominated. That’s all there is too it! Have fun, be creative and share the love!
The Questions Asked By Mom Makes Cents:
1. What made you decide to start your blog-venture?
I started TwoKidsAndABudget.com as a way to chronicle my families journey to debt freedom. But I also wanted to create a resource for families who are struggling with debt and trying to become debt free. I wanted my blog to be a reliable source of information that was easy to understand, and had lots of ideas that could also be easily implemented no matter a person’s income.
2. What is your favorite movie?
My favorite movie hands down is Far And Away! It’s an old movie from 1992, I was 13 the first time I saw it and I have loved it ever since.
3. IE, Firefox, Chrome or Safari?
This is a hard one because I use them all. I think they all have their pros and cons. If I had to choose my favorite it would probably be Chrome.
4. Mac or PC?
I’m a PC fan all the way. I love my Windows 8!
5. If money was no object – what is your dream job?
I am living my dream job. All I truly ever wanted to be was a stay-at-home-mom. If however I had to choose something outside the home it would have been a photographer for National Geographic.
6. If you were given a tax free $1 million dollars tomorrow – what would you do?
This is an easy one. 1. Pay off my debt, including our current home. 2. Donate our current home to Habitat For Humanity. 3. Buy a new home with CASH nothing fancy, but I do have one in mind. 4. Fully fund our kids college accounts. 5. Take my husband on a trip, someplace amazing. You have to have a little fun right? 6. Give $100,000.00 to start a scholarship for kids in our local school district. 6. Invest the rest!
7. Who is your hero? (Real or imaginary)
This my sound cheese, but my husband. He goes to work, he voulenteers to work a lot of 12 hour days. Comes home and plays with the kids, then helps me around the house. He is supportive, he is kind and caring, and he never complains about….anything. He is a wonderful father, a wonderful husband, and a wonderful example for our sons.
8. What is the last movie you seen in the theater?
Heaven Is For Real
9. What’s your favorite book?
Does “The Big Red Tub” count? I read it to my sons every day, they love it and so do I!
10. If you were king/queen for a day – what change would you institute?
I would make saying the Pledge Of Allegiance before school started every day mandatory for all grades. The word “God” would be left in there.
My Liebster Award Nominations Are:
As I am just starting in the world of public blogging (my mom blog has only been for family) I really don’t know many new blogs or bloggers. However, I will keep a look out for those who I can pass on this wonderful award to!
Update: I have found someone who I think is going to be a great blogger and someone to watch. Her name is Melissa and she blogs over at Sunburnt Saver. One thing I really like about her blog is her “Weather Wednesdays” savings goal. Never heard of it? Well hop on over to her blog and check it out!