Thank you for your interest in guest posting on Two Kids And A Budget! I am now accepting guest post submissions for publication. I would love to hear from you, but please make sure that your pitch follows the post submission guidelines below before you send me your idea!
As I have recently had my twins and they are currently in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) I am looking to fill several guest posting spots in my calendar. I will have three openings possibly four per month running August through January 4th. Please keep in mind that it may take several days for me to respond to your email inquiry as we are spending a lot of time at the hospital.
Guest Post Submission Guidelines
I am currently only accepting guest posts from bloggers who have an active blog that is at least 3 months old, and are family friendly.
Benefits For You
I want to share your best work to my growing audience, both on my blog and on my social media networks. I will also share it in my bi-monthly newsletter and on the Two Kids And A Budget app.
Guest Post Guidelines
- High-quality: Since there are many families who rely on the high quality, and informational articles from Two Kids And A Budget your guest post should offer the same value that my readers have come to expect. They should not be self-promoting, or sales oriented. The idea is to offer great information that can help the reader find the balance between raising a family and their finances.
- Original Content: The post you submit must be your own original work that has not been published anywhere else, now or in the future. Your post must also have a single, clear point that the reader can easily understand. Once your guest post has gone live on Two Kids And A Budget you are encouraged to post a teaser of the article on your own blog that links directly to the completed post. Please keep in mind that only two relevant links to your blog may be included in the post. Any irrelevant links, affiliate links or links that direct readers elsewhere will be removed without notice.
- Tone: Remember Two Kids And A Budget is a family oriented blog, and your tone should reflect that. Which means, no inappropriate material, no swearing, or inflammatory remarks. Only non-controversial posts are accepted as people from all walks of life visit this site, and I try hard to make them all feel welcome.
- Post Length: Your post should be approximately 500-1,000 words. The message of your post is more important than the length. However, a minimum of 500 words is required.
- Links: As a guest post contributor you may include two links within the body of your post that lead back to your own blog. You may also include a link back to your site and up to three social media accounts in your short writers bio which will be located at the end of your post.
- Photography & Graphics: I will create a graphic for your post as long as the topic is on something that works well with a stock photo. If you are submitting a step-by-step tutorial or writing a post that requires detailed photos of the finished product then you will be responsible for providing high quality photos to go along with the post you are submitting.
- Deadline: Completed, and edited post must be submitted 14 business days in advance of the date we have agreed upon. This will give us time to work out any last-minute details and to make any necessary adjustments or changes.
Guest Post Topics
I am currently accepting guest post submissions on the following topics as they are a good fit for my audience.
- Frugal Living
- Personal Finance
- Saving Money
- Earning Additional Income
- Low Cost/Free Activities For Kids And Families
- Money Saving Tips
- Low Cost DIY
If you have an idea for a topic that you think may be beneficial to my readers I am open to hearing your pitch. Just keep the above guidelines in mind. I also ask that you include a statement as to the main takeaway point of the article will be and what the audience has to gain from it.
Submitting a guest post to Two Kids And A Budget does not guarantee its publication. Only those posts that offer a real value to my reader will be accepted. If your post isn’t a good fit for my blog I will let you know so that you are able to submit it somewhere else. If I do accept your post, I will let you know within a three business days. I reserve the right to edit you post as needed to fit the tone of Two Kids And A Budget. However, if your post requires excessive editing it will not be accepted.
Please Note: These guest post submission guidelines are for bloggers only. If you are a business or representing one and wish to post then you need to request information for Sponsored Post opportunities.
DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF MY GREAT TIPS TO HELP YOUR FAMILY
SAVE MONEY, HAVE FRUGAL FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!
Check out Pinterest for more frugally fantastic ideas.
Android users download the Two Kids And A Budget app